When the candle is burning, a light suction action is created, and the movement of the flame creates a vibration of air in the candle which generates a massage-like effect on the eardrum. This has an effect of regulating ear pressure. The warmth of the flow stimulates the circulatory and lymphatic systems and increases immune defence.
|Hopi Ear Candling||45 mins||£34.00|
Hopi Ear Candling is also known as Thermo Auricular Therapy. Ear candling has been used for thousand of years by many civilisations, Egyptian, Chinese, Aztec, Tibetan, Mayan and American Indian cultures. The practice was brought to the west by the native American Hopi Indians of North Arizona. (Hopi means “peaceful people”).
Hopi ear candles are hollow tubes made from natural ingredients of organically grown flax, honey extracts, sage, st john’s wort and chamomile.
Some of the benefits from Hopi Ear Candling:
- Alleviating headaches and migraines
- Improving symptoms of tinnitus
- Reducing symptoms of hayfever and rhinitis
- Relieving sinus congestion
- Easing and preventing glue ear in children
- Relieving pain/pressure when flying or scuba diving
- Relieving colds, flu, sore throats by clearing congestion in the ear and throat
- Improving hearing by softening and loosening ear wax
- Alleviating earache by reducing inflammation of the ear canal
- Helping problems with snoring by easing congestion of the upper respiratory airways
- Reducing the symptoms of meniere’s disease and vertigo